XML Persian Abstract Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Afzalipour H, Jamali H R. Level of Specialization of Persian Library and Information Science Journals between 2008 and 2012. Research on Information Science & Public Libraries. 2015; 20 (3) :397-422
URL: http://publij.ir/article-1-333-en.html
Kharazmi University , afzali.hadis@gmail.com
Abstract:   (4248 Views)

Abstract

 Purpose: The aim of this study was to determine the level of specialization of Iranian journals in the field of library and information science. By specialization, we mean whether the topics of articles published in each journal are concentrated around specific subjects

Methodology: Subject analysis was done on 894 articles published between 2008 and 2012 based on LISA subject categories

Findings: The findings showed that 833 (93.17 %) of articles published in LIS journals were related to LIS fields and the rest (61 articles6.82%) were not related. In most of journals, there is no link between the title of the journal and its special subject. Only a few of the journals have focused subject areas and the rest publish articles on a wide range of disperse topics.

Originality: This study could be conducted to improve the behavioral pattern of researchers and the quality of LIS journals

Full-Text [PDF 144 kb]   (81 Downloads)    
Type of Study: quantitative | Subject: Bibliometrics, Sientometrics, Webometrics, Informetrics
Received: 2013/06/18 | Accepted: 2015/01/18 | Published: 2015/01/18 | ePublished: 2015/01/18

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:
CAPTCHA

Send email to the article author


© 2021 CC BY-NC 4.0 | Research on Information Science and Public Libraries

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb